I’ve only stayed with a Club Carlson hotel once in the last several years but thanks to owning a Club Carlson credit card, I’m considered an elite member. Today I received an email with information about a promotion for elite members only. Simply book a reservation using the Club Carlson mobile app by April 5th and complete the stay any time in April and they’ll give me 5000 bonus miles within 10 days after I complete the stay. Be sure to note that the fine print states that the room must paid in full – and in advance (!) – to qualify. Points + Cash reservations do not qualify for this promotion.
I don’t have any travel scheduled for the month of April and even if I wanted to make a mattress run, there’s no Club Carlson property within about 200 miles of me so I won’t be taking advantage of this promotion. Besides, as easy as Club Carlson points are to accrue, this offer is not enough to make me change a booking.
The Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature card is one of those cards to get and hang onto. It has a number of great benefits:
- It’s issued by US Bank, so you can have this card in addition to the number of Chase, Citibank and Amex offerings. If you’re planning to apply for several cards on one day, anecdotal evidence suggests it’s good to apply for this one first as US Bank doesn’t like to see a lot of applications within 90 days or so.
- On award stays of 2 nights or more, the last night is free when you own this card. That means if two people are sharing a room and they each own the card, each person could make a reservation for two nights and the second night would be free! Just alternate the reservations and it’s half the points.
- Current sign-up bonus is 85,000 points: 50,000 after the first purchase and 35,000 after spending $2500 within 3 months. There’s a $75 annual fee
- Each year you pay the annual fee, collect a 40,000 point bonus just for keeping the card open.
- The card earns 10x points at Club Carlson hotels and 5x points everywhere else.
So an extra 5000 points is great but I won’t be going out of my way to earn it.
Note: I have no affiliation with US Bank or Club Carlson. The link provided will profit a very deserving blogger, though I am not affiliated with his blog either.